Saturday, February 23, 2013

Being Thankful

1 Thessalonians 5:18 says to "give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 

Today it is difficult for me to be thankful in my circumstances. I wake up with a splitting headache and my whole body hurts - from my neck to my toes, I am in pain. I'm not unfamiliar with this, I've had fibromyalgia longer than I can remember, I am always aware that I could wake up any day, feeling just like this. But what is there to be thankful for when I can't move without wincing? 

The answer is in the small things. Thankful in my circumstances doesn't have to mean thankful for my pain. It means finding other things, smaller things to be thankful for. Today I am thankful for a friend who had me over and cooked me dinner. I didn't have to stand in the kitchen or wash dishes. I just had to show up, and for that I am thankful. I am thankful that God has placed people in my life who care for me, who insist that I eat actual food, even when I don't feel like it, and who cook it for me.  

Today's Verse 
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18   
Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

1 comment:

  1. This blog is amazing!!! I can't wait to read more and sign up for my weekly email!

    ReplyDelete