Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Where Can I Go

There are song lyrics running through my head this morning from the song Rescue:

“I need you Jesus
Come to my rescue
Where else can I go?
There’s no other name by which I am saved
Capture me with grace
I will follow you”

When I am in need, there is truly no other place to turn. When I need assurances that the work God is doing is good and that my time and efforts are not for naught, I need only turn to Jesus. When the world around us seems exhausting, chaotic, and out of control, we needn’t wonder how our needs will be met.  He is a counselor and comforter, a peace-giver. Even in the midst of life’s challenges and difficult self-realizations, Jesus rescues.

Today’s Verse
Isaiah 9:6
For unto us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment