Friday, May 3, 2013

By This They Will Know

When I think about sharing the Gospel with people I always come back to the same thing: I want them to know how much God loves them. For me the Gospel has never been about what I can and cannot do, instead, it has always been about the fact that God loves me and He wants everyone else to know that He loves them too.

Part of that means living in a way that reflects God's love. It means letting His love speak louder than anything else in my life. Luckily, Jesus gave us some direction on how to do this. One of His final commands to His disciples was that they love one another. He said that the world would know them by their love, that their love would make it clear that they were His disciples.

I wonder if I am reflecting the love of Christ in my life. I don't want my efforts for the Gospel to be hindered by the myriad of messages out there that place qualifiers on God's love. I just want to be open, welcoming, loving. I want the world to know that I am His disciple, because I love those around me.

Is your life characterized by the love of God?

Today's Verses 
John 13: 34-35
A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment