Monday, May 20, 2013

What You Can

Do you ever find yourself overwhelmed by the demands of life? What do we do when we face moments where there are so many demands on our time, when our work and family and friends and commitments seem to want so much from us, and when our minds and bodies can't seem to keep up?

I know that my first instinct is to feel guilty. There is a little voice inside me that says that being a good Christian means being constantly available and not taking time for myself. It lies to me and says that God is more interested in whether I am keeping everyone else happy than whether I am being a good steward of my own life.

In reality, in order to be at our best for God, we need to be at our best for ourselves as well. Being a good steward of our time and skills means not only being available for God to use us, but also making sure that we keep ourselves in top condition so that when God does want to use us, we have the energy to let him. We should do what we can and rest assured that God honors those who are good stewards of what He gives them.

Are you being a good steward of your own health?

Today's Verse
Luke 16: 10a
Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much

No comments:

Post a Comment