Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Love Poured Out

We are God's creation, and He loves us. He created us so that He could love us. He doesn't need our praise and worship: the Bible is clear that if we didn't praise the Lord, the rocks and stones would do it for us. We were created to be loved, and to love.

It can be easy to forget what exactly the 'love others' command encompasses. It's not just about whether we love others. It's also about whether we let others love us. It's easy to remember that God loves us, and fail to remember that other people love us as well. Jesus told the disciples to love one another as He had loved them. He set up love as something that we receive from Him but that we also share with and receive from one another. God created you so that He could love you, and so that other people would love you as well.

As an individual, it's easy to love others while forgetting that even as we love other people, there are other people who love us. If we've been hurt before, it feels safer to shut ourselves off from the love others have for us to protect ourselves. However, God has placed us in community where He not only pours out His love, but he also provides others to love us. We weren't created to be loved only by Him. He has provided people in our lives who are ready, waiting, and willing to love us.

Are you letting the people around you love you?

Today's Verses
John 15: 9-12
As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you.

No comments:

Post a Comment