Saturday, May 11, 2013

Strength in Weakness

Illness is not fun or relaxing. It's not uplifting or encouraging. It doesn't inspire me to do much of anything. Instead, it undermines my joy. It eats away at my optimism and positivity. It makes me feel weak.

However, today I am reminded that I don't need to be strong. I don't need to be afraid of weakness. Not only are there people in my life ready and willing to help me out, offering to bring me whatever I need, to simply spend time with me, but God is also there.

God is strong when I am weak. I don't need to be strong on my own, because God is strong enough for me. God is powerful enough to handle my weakness, to carry my burdens.

What do you need God to carry for you?

Today's Verses
2 Corinthians 12: 9-10
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment