Saturday, May 4, 2013

Pressed but Not Crushed

In my struggle to surrender, my emotions are my biggest hindrance. When I get uncomfortable or impatient my first instinct is not to trust, but instead to worry. Worrying may not be practical or logical, but it feels productive. As someone who likes to be in control, worrying is a way for me to feel like I am doing something, like I am taking action.

Surrender is something we do in direct opposition to how we feel. When things don't go our way or when God moves slower than we'd like, we shouldn't stop surrendering. We shouldn't give into the temptation to worry, to panic, to stress about things that are out of our control. We shouldn't allow ourselves to be convinced that taking back control from God is the right thing.

Temptation says that if we stop surrendering, things will go our way. Temptation says that if we take control back from God, we can make things happen the way we'd like. However, God's will for our lives far exceeds our circumstances. He can see so much farther down the road than we can. Living under His power means that we are living under someone who knows all and can do all, and who wants to do those things for us.

Are you willing to give up control in favor of the power of God?

Today's Verses
2 Corinthians 4: 7-9
But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment