Monday, September 30, 2013

He Does Not Tire

Today I am giving thanks for the fact that the Lord does not tire of me. I am a constant work-in-progress. Just when I manage to let go of one thing, I find I must confront something else in my life that is displeasing to God. But God is never resentful of me or the work that I must do. He does not begrudge me for not being perfect. He's not looking down at me, rolling His eyes at my ineptitude. Instead He looks on me with the benevolent love of a Father, gently guiding me, pointing me in the right direction and assuring me that He has already paved the way for me.

Even when I am frustrated with myself, He is not. I needn't feel trapped by my sinful nature, for He has set me free. I needn't feel helpless and stuck in an endless struggle to save myself because He has already done so. I may slip and backslide, but He is always there to catch me and pull me upright, to support me, to promote me.

I am what He does, and for that I am thankful.

Today's Verse
2 Corinthians 3:17
Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment