Thursday, September 26, 2013

Number My Days

I am discovering a new meaning for the word busy, but I cannot regret or resent it. I am so blessed to find fulfillment in so much of what I do, and to see silver linings even in the things that are not so glamorous or wonderful. Even when I am bored at work, as training seems to stretch on endlessly before me, I am listening as others offer much needed and greatly appreciated assistance to the people we serve.

I'm able to spend my free time investing in the lives of so many people and being so blessed by them in return. Yesterday I got free home grown vegetables, a relaxing chat over coffee, and a slouchy couch-bound gab session with my roommate all after work and before going to bed.

I am so grateful for the time I have and the freedom to invest that time in what matters to me. I want my life to be worthwhile, for it to have significance beyond my own self, and thus I need to be a good steward of the time I am granted. The Psalmist wrote, "Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom." I am seeking wisdom now. The wisdom to know where and in whom to invest my time, and to invest it with purpose and intentionality that I might best serve the Lord.

How do you number your days?

Today's Verse
Psalm 90: 12
Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment