Friday, September 13, 2013

He Must Increase

One of the key concepts I am embracing in this new phase of my life is that He must increase, and I must decrease. I must increasingly acknowledge my need of Him. I must increasingly practice my trust in Him. I must follow where He leads and not run ahead based on my own whims and desires. I must point to Him and recognize Him for the great works He is doing in my life. I want to share these things with others. I want to give God the credit He is due.

I'm learning what it means to be a good steward of my time, energy, and money. I'm learning new levels of discipline that I never had to learn before. I'm more conscious of what I say and how I say it, and, in many situations, I say less than I used to. I am learning to be more deliberate and intentional in a variety of areas, and in each of those areas, I am learning to trust God to smooth over the discomfort that arises. Tearing down some boundaries and learning where to put up other boundaries is a strange process, but God has been lovingly supportive and faithful as I walk through it.

It's a slow process, often I take two steps forward and then one step back, but the Lord is faithful to continue His good work in me, and for that I am grateful. He is increasing in my life, and I am, gradually, decreasing.

Today's Verses
John 3: 30-31
He must increase, but I must decrease. He who comes from above is above all. He who is of the earth belongs to the earth and speaks in an earthly way. He who comes from heaven is above all.

No comments:

Post a Comment