Thursday, September 5, 2013

Only God Can

Situations where solutions or goals can only be reached through the power of Christ are both exciting and incredibly daunting. I find myself in a number of those places right now and the realization that only He can bring these things to pass is both freeing but also incredibly challenging. I have to be willing to let Him move in me and to let Him place me where I need to be. No matter how much I try, only He can do the work that needs to be done.

I want God to use me, and my Spirit is willing, but so often my flesh is weak. At times my attitude isn't what it should be to begin with, other times I am simply weary of encountering the same obstacles over and over again. Then there are the times when a team needs to come together, so just having myself isn't enough, and I need to trust that God will raise others up as well.

I read a quote today from Tim Keller that said, "Putting our faith in Christ is not about trying harder; it means transferring our trust away from ourselves and resting in him." When I think of all the goals I have before me, this is key. I don't need to try harder, I need to stop trusting in myself, and instead rest in Him. 

Are you trying harder or resting in the power of Christ?

Today's Verse
Phillipians 2:13
For it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose

No comments:

Post a Comment