Thursday, September 12, 2013

He is Jealous for Me

Our God is a jealous God. This is something I am reminded of today. He doesn't want my focus, my life, focused on the things He has called me to do or the people He has placed in my life. Instead, He wants me focused on Him. Everything else is secondary.

When I do focus on Him, the tasks still get done and I find life easier to contend with. However, when things begin to seem off-kilter, especially if I haven't changed my behavior, it's often because I've taken my focus off of the Lord and placed it on the tasks and people set before me.

I am refocusing today. I am striving to be less task- and people-oriented and more God-oriented. With my eyes fixed on Him, I know that everything else will fall into place.

Today's Verse
Hebrews 3: 1
Therefore, holy brothers and sisters, who share in the heavenly calling, fix your thoughts on Jesus, whom we acknowledge as our apostle and high priest.

1 comment: