Thursday, March 7, 2013

A Drink with Jam and Bread

Sometimes the best part of living in community with other Christians does not directly connect to Christianity. Sometimes the best part is simply having other people to lean on, to share encouragement with, to laugh with.

Last night, I hosted a tea for the women in our graduate Cru ministry. We call the event 'Ladies' Tea', and it is incredibly fun. It's so fun that the guys are jealous that they do not qualify as 'ladies'. I baked scones and prepared tea, and then we sat around and talked about all sorts of things. It was a break from our usual ministry activities, our school work. It was a time to debrief and unload the things that weighed heavily on our minds. It was a time to encourage and be encouraged.

I am so thankful for the community I experience as part of this ministry. The support and love that these women and the others in our group give me on a regular basis is such a blessing. Today, I thank God for placing these people in my life, for filling my life with such amazing blessings.

Are you seeking community? What are you thankful for today?

Today's Verse
Psalm 55:14
What good fellowship we once enjoyed as we walked together to the house of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment