Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Seasonal Change

Today is the first day of Spring, and the high for today is only 34 degrees. On the surface, looking at the weather forecast, it doesn't sound like Spring. However, the sun is shining! It's so bright outside, the sun streams through the windows, the snow melts and Spring emerges.

The transition from Winter to Spring isn't immediate. It's slow, it's gradual. Wishing it would occur faster doesn't make it so. The change from cold to warm requires a great deal of patience.

I think of the Nichole Nordeman song "Every Season".
So it is with You
And how You make me new
With every season's change
And so it will be
As you are re-creating me
Summer, Autumn, Winter, Spring

I think I can learn from the example of the changing seasons. Changes take time. They aren't immediate, they are gradual. Impatience with myself and the things I continue to struggle with isn't productive. Prayer, time, and dedication to progress produce change in me, just as time produces changes in the seasons.

Are you letting God change you? Are you dedicated to the journey He has placed you on?

Today's Verse
Acts 3:19
Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord

No comments:

Post a Comment