Friday, March 22, 2013

New Creation

Today I am pondering what it means to be a new creation. So much of my past follows me, affecting how I see myself, how I see my life, how I see the world, how I see God. But the Bible tells us that we are new creations in Christ, that the old is gone and the new has come.

I have trouble embracing that truth. I have trouble comprehending and owning the fact that ALL the old things, the old acts, the old thoughts, are washed away. That, no matter how I see myself, God sees me as whole and complete.

I'm praying now that God will make this real to me. That He will give me the ability to see myself through His eyes. That I will experience His grace.

How do you experience God's grace?

Today's Verse
2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore if anyone is in Christ, they are a new creation, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.


No comments:

Post a Comment