Saturday, March 2, 2013

Being Positive

A while back I went to a conference about finding God's calling for your life, and the application for the conference asked which fruit of the spirit I thought was most evident in my life. I chose joy.

But what is joy? The dictionary defines joy as "the emotion evoked by well-being, success, or good fortune or by the prospect of possessing what one desires." Yes! Exactly. In Christ, I am well, successful, and I have what I desire.

So what does this mean for my life? What does having joy look like? I am discovering more and more that having joy means being positive. When I cultivate joy, I don't complain as much. I don't get annoyed with other people as easily. I roll with the punches of life much more readily. I see the silver linings all around me, even in the midst of chronic pain. My heart and mind and eyes are opened to the beauty of the world, the fun to be had just being alive. I have everything I need and I rejoice in God's provision in my life. If God is with me, who or what could be against me?

Do you experience joy in your life? Which fruit of the spirit do you see most in your life?

Today's Verses
Galatians 5:22-23
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

No comments:

Post a Comment