Friday, March 15, 2013

When the Walls Fall

I spend a lot of time marching around my personal Jerichos, waiting and trusting that one day God will bring down the walls. Today I wonder what I would do if those walls were to suddenly fall down, right now.

Am I ready for that? I know I want it, I know I would be happy and thankful to see those barriers disappear. But what would I do? Would I be ready?

If I woke up tomorrow and no longer had fibromyalgia, would I have any idea how to live my life? Would I manage my time responsibly or would I give and give of my time and energy until I had nothing left for myself?

If I woke up tomorrow to find myself in a relationship with the man of my dreams, would I live happily ever after? Would I handle my relationship with emotional maturity or would I be fearful and insecure because I fail to see myself the way God sees me?

I think I still have things God is working out in my life. Things that having fibromyalgia and being single force into the light. I think my work is not yet done. I still have some marching, some trusting God, to do.

Are there pieces of your life that you aren't happy with but that God is redeeming?


Today's Verse
Zephaniah 3:17
The Lord your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing.

No comments:

Post a Comment