Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Stillness

In the secret, in the quiet place
In the stillness You are there.
In the secret, in the quiet hour I wait,
Only for You,'cause I want to know You more
(Chris Tomlin, In the Secret)

These words have been running through my head. I am contemplating what it means to be still. To be in a quiet place. How do I silence the myriad of thoughts that interrupt my stillness, my quiet. How can I hear God when I can barely hear myself?

I'm trying to listen. I'm trying to quiet my busy mind, ease my worry. But maybe that's the problem - I'm the one doing all the work. I need to let God in, let him still the waters, let him soothe. My stillness means He can be busy. I will get out of the way.

Today's Verse
Matthew 8: 26
He replied, "You of little faith, why are you so afraid?" Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves, and it was completely calm.

No comments:

Post a Comment