Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Bring it On

I find it incredible, and sometimes unsettling, that my perception of God's calling on my life continues to expand and evolve. Recently I've been very unsure of where God is taking me. I've been trying to identify the themes He's placed in my life, trying to figure out where all this is going, but it hasn't been easy, and it hasn't been obvious. I wonder if God wants me to change my circumstances. As I try to figure out where He's leading me, I wonder if He will use me where I am right now.

The answer? He will.

I've been lucky enough in the last few days to find myself in situations where I had the courage to share God and the love of Christ with people. I was sure of myself, I was strong, I had the guts to be vulnerable and to say what I think.

I found myself bonding with people in new ways. I found myself encouraging others. I discovered a new understanding of what it is to love the people around me.

If this is what it means to pursue God's calling for me, if God wants me to be out there, reaching out to people, loving them, encouraging them, and sharing the Gospel with them, than I'm in. I'm open, I'm looking for opportunities to serve others, and I'm not afraid. Bring it on.

Are you letting God use you, right where you are?

Today's Verses
Matthew 22: 36-39

“Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”
Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’

No comments:

Post a Comment