Friday, April 5, 2013

Inside Before Outside

On days like today I have to remind myself that ,before I see results on the outside, I have to be sure I'm changing on the inside. Before I see my life change, I have to change. Before God can move me, I have to let Him move within me. I find it so easy to start to change, to attempt new things, and then to sit back and say, 'Ok, I did it once! What's next?'

Does God make amazing, immense changes in an instant? Absolutely. Is that what He is doing in me right now? Definitely not. I am chafing against the slow pace, wanting to sprint, when I should be treating this journey like a marathon.

By placing one foot in front of the other, making decisions that are best for me, and trusting that God knows what He is doing, I can run this race well. I can accept that changes take time. I can trust that what God has in store for me on the other side of this mountain is worth the climb.

Are you making sure you change on the inside before expecting God to change your outer circumstances?

Today's Verse
Philippians 3:21
He will take our weak mortal bodies and change them into glorious bodies like his own, using the same power with which he will bring everything under his control.

No comments:

Post a Comment