Thursday, April 4, 2013

To Show You Love

"Everything happens for a reason." This is an idea that I have been a fan of for a long time. What I have never been a fan of, and what I still struggle with, is not always knowing the reason behind the things that happen. It's easy to say everything happens for a reason, but it's hard for me to accept that I won't always know what that reason is.

The beautiful thing is that God often, in His own time, reveals His reasons, and they blow me away.

As I've grappled with learning to love myself again, and as I've wondered why God brought me so low, God has been revealing to me the ways in which He has gifted me, and the numerous people in my life who love me. I realize now that I would not have learned to see these things, let alone appreciate them, if God hadn't brought me to such a challenging place.

A wise friend told me a few days ago to let God love me through the people around me. As I open myself up to my friends, letting them in and letting them love me, God shows me how much He also loves me. I'm overwhelmed by the ways in which God is providing me with a portrait of His love for me.

The best part is that He loves you that way too. There are so many things, large and small, that happen every day that show us God's love for us. I'm so thankful that God brought me to a place where I needed to see His love for me, where everything else was stripped away, and only His love remained.

How has God made his love clear to you?

Today's Verse
Romans 5:8
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment