Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Worth More

One of the biggest stumbling blocks in my faith is my inability to grasp how God sees me and how much he wants to connect with me. What if He doesn't like me when I show Him all my baggage? What if the God of the universe decides I'm too much work, that I need too much from him? What if He decides that I'm not worth his efforts?

It has hit me over the last few days that I am selling myself short. I am under-expecting to avoid disappointment, but that means that I am also under-investing in my relationship with God. This is spilling over into my personal life and I find myself under-investing in relationships that are important to me, with people I care about. I am worth so much more than I think I am.

By selling myself short, I sell God short. God looked at me, called me good, and yet I am currently sitting around saying "No, I'm not." Who am I to disagree with Him? If the God of the universe says that He created me exactly this way, to have these flaws, but to also have gifts, who am I to say that He was wrong? 

I am fearfully and wonderfully made. It's time I start acting like it.

Do you have a sense of your own worth? Are you embracing the way God made you?

Today's Verse
Philippians 4: 8-9
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you. 


1 comment:

  1. That's fer damn sure! Just wait until next week when we get to affirm you! :D

    ReplyDelete