Friday, April 19, 2013

Shelter in Place

The news coming out of Boston this morning urges locals to 'shelter in place' as a manhunt continues for the Marathon bombing suspects.  The phrase 'shelter in place' has a spiritual connotation for me today. There are so many ways that the world can be unsafe, that we can come under attack. Luckily, God offers us shelter and offers us protection, right where we are.

When we are distressed, when we are hurting, when we don't know what to do, God is there. He encourages us to turn to Him, to look to Him for comfort and assurance. He goes before us into danger and uncertainty. He is our Rock and our Deliverer.

On days like today when there are so many things to stress about and so few things I can actually do, I am so thankful I can take refuge in the Lord and hope in His assurance. He is my shelter as I remain in place.

Are you letting God's protection encourage you?

Today's Verses
Psalm 18: 1-2, 6
I love you, Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold...In my distress I called to the Lord; I cried to my God for help. From his temple he heard my voice; my cry came before him, into his ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment