Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Uniquely Created

God creates each one of us uniquely. No two of us are exactly alike- even identical twins don't have the same fingerprints! So why do I find myself wishing I was like everybody else? Advertising, entertainment, the pressures to produce at work all seem to combine to tell me I'm not good enough, that I need to do a thousand things differently.

In reality, we each have different gifts, gifts that God gave us so that we could fulfill the unique calling He has placed on each of our lives. Our callings may look similar, but we are equipped to do them in the way that God says is best for us.

I've been exploring my strengths and spiritual gifts recently, trying to reconcile them with my job, my goals, and with where God is leading me. I am trying to get a sense of who He means for me to be. I keep coming back to the same conclusion: I am unique. God has created me uniquely and placed me in a unique situation to accomplish unique tasks for him. Even the things that I don't like about my life are things that God has done for a purpose. I don't need to compare myself to others, because God is doing things in my life that are just for me. I don't need to worry that I don't measure up because, as long as I am following Him, I am exactly who and where I need to be. 

Are you accepting yourself as a uniquely created child of God?

Todays' Verses
Psalm 139: 1-5
You have searched me, Lord, and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you, Lord, know it completely. You hem me in behind and before, and you lay your hand upon me.

No comments:

Post a Comment