Saturday, April 6, 2013

Wordless Groans

I occasionally find myself in a place where I want to pray, and yet I have no words. There is a yearning within me to be close to God, to commune with Him, but I don't know what to say. I feel empty, in need, but don't know what would fix it. Luckily, Scripture tells us that even when we have no words, only wordless groans, the Holy Spirit intercedes on our behalf. When I am weak and stuck and need God, I don't actually need to say anything. I don't need to know what I need or what I am lacking. I don't need to have fancy words. I have the Holy Spirit within me, and that is all I need.

The best part about this is that God can answer unspoken prayers. Even when we don't know what we need, He does, and He can and will provide, in accordance with His will.

So when words are not enough, or when they are too much, we can take solace in the knowledge that God hears us anyway.

Are you in a place where you don't know what you need?

Today's Verses
Romans 8:25-26
But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently. In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God's people in accordance with the will of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment