Friday, June 14, 2013

Christ Alone

I'm trying to be thankful in all my circumstances, even when they are unexpected and even somewhat unwelcome. Challenges and struggles help to grow our faith, but they serve another purpose for me, as well. When I struggle and face trials, I experience greater humility. I am unable to handle things on my own, and any good that comes out of my circumstances has more to do with God's provision than my own power or strength.

Today I am embracing the opportunity to learn more about how much God can do for, with, and through me. I am letting go of the idea that everything I have, I have because I have earned it or because I deserve it. I am no longer relying on my skills or my own willpower to get by. Instead, I am placing my confidence in the Lord. I am relying on Christ alone.

Are you relying on the Lord more than you are relying on yourself?

Today's Verses
Deuteronomy 8: 17-18
He did all this so you would never say to yourself, "I have achieved this wealth with my own strength and energy." Remember the Lord your God. He is the one who gives you power to be successful, in order to fulfill the covenant he confirmed to your ancestors with an oath.

No comments:

Post a Comment