Saturday, June 8, 2013

Joyful Obedience

The process of bringing yourself into a place of obedience and submission to the Lord can be arduous. It can be like walking through water - we can see the goal, and we want to get there, but there is a lot to slog through in order to reach it. The beautiful thing about obeying and submitting to God's will is that, when we do, there is a great deal of joy to be found.

Temptation says that we need to worry, even when we know we are doing as God intends. However, the Lord is clear. He will provide for those who are living according to His guidance. He cares for us as His children, and will not leave us or forsake us. Submission and obedience is hard work, but the result is freedom and joy.

Are you feeling free today?

Today's Verses
Matthew 11: 29-30
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.

No comments:

Post a Comment