Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Help My Unbelief

I consider myself blessed in my assurance and peace when things in my life go topsy-turvy. I find that, most of the time, I know, deep down, that God has things well in hand. I truly believe that He knows what He's doing in my life, and that I don't need to worry.

Then there are the moments when I fail to hold on to that assurance and peace. When I encounter a bump in the road, I sometimes find myself thinking 'if God has this handled, than everything will be ok', rather than knowing that God is definitely in control and that there is no reason to be concerned.

In these moments I feel like the man who asked Jesus to heal his son. When he asked, he asked Jesus to heal his son if He could. Jesus tells the man that everything is possible for one who believes. The man replies, "I believe, help me in my unbelief!" When I find myself filled with anxiety, when I lose sight of God's sovereignty, that is my prayer. I know that I believe, and I know that I struggle with unbelief. I know that all things are possible when I believe, and I want to get back to that place.

What makes you feel challenged and tempted to anxiety?

Today's Verse
Mark 9: 23-24
"If you can?" said Jesus. "Everything is possible for one who believes."
Immediately the boy's father exclaimed, "I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!"

No comments:

Post a Comment