Thursday, June 20, 2013

Making Progress

Last night, my mom shared a quote with me from a speech her boss made. He said, "Thinking differently is the source of all progress." I have found that this is especially true in my faith. Submitting ourselves to the Lord is all about changing our perspective. We trust God, we submit to Him, and He molds us like clay. He changes us so that our lives can also change. He does the heavy lifting so that we might find fulfillment.

I make progress only when I allow the Lord to change my perspective, and I have seen Him do it so many times! My view of Him and what He wants me to expect, my views of myself, my views of those around me, and my views of my career are just a few of the areas where I've made progress in the last year as I've submitted more and more fully to God's will for my life.

The fact is, the Gospel is all about thinking differently for the sake of progress. Christ's message is revolutionary. At it's center is a God who desires us, who pursues us, who gave His precious son in order to have a relationship with us. At the core, the Gospel is a message of unconditional love, of grace, and of redemption. It is a road map for a different way of life, a different way of thinking, that brings freedom and hope.

How are you letting the Gospel and the Lord change your perspective? How are you seeking out progress?

Today's Verses
Proverbs 3:3-6
Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart. Then you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man. Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment