Monday, June 10, 2013

Dwelling Place

The Merriam-Webster dictionary defines 'dwell' as keeping your attention directed on or upon a specific thing. The Bible makes it clear that what we dwell upon is incredibly important. God dwells in us, and we are to make our dwelling place with Him.

It is tempting, however, to dwell in other places and on things other than the Lord. We dwell on our successes and our failings. We dwell in our earthly surroundings rather than the peaceful places the Lord provides.

The Psalmist states that his only desire is to dwell in the house of the Lord, to seek Him, and to experiences His beauty. I want that to be true in my life. I want to seek only the Lord, and dwell only with Him. There, I know I will find truth and peace.

Are you dwelling with the Lord and on godly things?

Today's Verse
Psalm 27: 4
One thing I ask from the Lord, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment