Tuesday, August 13, 2013

All Dressed Up

I read a brief description of fear today that I found rather profound. It said that we don't face a whole list of fears, long and varied, but merely a few fears that dress themselves up so that they appear to be numerous and different. I think this applies to many of the enemy's strategies for undermining us and the plans God has for us.

Whenever I attempt to move forward, I know I have to be on guard against fear. I know that each step of faith I take will be met by God as He wills, but that it may also be countered by the enemy. Adversity is to be expected; things are not easy just because God asks us to do them. Part of walking in faith is recognizing when our fears are dressing themselves up, attempting to look bigger and stronger than they are.

The reality is that, because of Christ, we are so much stronger than fear. We are stronger than anything the enemy can throw at us. But we must own that strength in order to overcome. We must claim it, and rely on God to help us wield it. We must know that it is ours, belief we have received it, and not shy away when fear rears its ugly head.

Do you recognize when your fears are just dressing up?

Today's Verse
2 Timothy 1: 7
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.

No comments:

Post a Comment