Thursday, August 15, 2013

Live On

When I think of how the Lord answers prayers, even small ones, as we simply live and abide in Him, I am filled with joy. It amazes me that He can answer us with what seems like so little notice! When I want to make something happen, I need to plan, to prepare. I often need a schedule and a game plan. I need to know what small steps need to be accomplished first so that other, larger things can fall into place later. However, the Lord knows all things before we ask, and He is laying the foundation for His plans before we are ever aware of them.

I found myself awake early this morning and spent the time in prayer. I prayed for things that I had sadly neglected over the last several months, but as I sit here several hours later, I find that God didn't need me to be praying all that time. While I may regret my own forgetfulness and lack of diligence, God didn't need my reminders. I didn't have to spend months of prayer time laying the groundwork for the answers to prayer I received today. I simply needed to live my life according to the grace and faith to which God has called me, and for that I give thanks today.

What are you giving thanks for today?

Today's Verse
Colossians 2: 6-7
So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment