Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Humbled by Ease

I am intimately aware of the truth that, just because God wills something, doesn't mean that it will be easy to accept or accomplish. However, I often find myself struggling to balance this truth with  when I find myself blessed by surprisingly easy things.

I know what to do when things are difficult. I know the stages of acceptance that I go through. I know that I resist God's prompting, that I have to deal with my fear, that I have to struggle to submit. I know that I have to remind myself of His sovereignty, His goodness, His faithfulness. I know that I need to be looking for small blessings, for silver linings. I know that acceptance and accomplishment is often an uphill battle, and that I may slip backwards numerous times before I reach the summit.

However, when things are easy, I find myself floundering. I don't have a formula for response when it feels like I am simply handed something. I find myself backing away, consumed with the need to be extra cautious. Even if I do move forward, it feels like walking over creaking ice, just waiting for it to break from underneath me. Surely it is too good to be true? Surely things are supposed to always be hard?

Today I am simply humbled by the way God makes some things easy for me. There are many things I struggle with, but God makes other things incredibly easy in very unexpected ways. I am blessed to not have to struggle in all areas of my life. I am not deserving of His favor, and surely there are others who could benefit from those blessings as well, but I am thankful that He has seen fit to provide them for me, even when I have not earned or even attempted to earn them.

How is God unexpectedly blessing you?

Today's Verse
Psalm 32: 11
Rejoice in the Lord and be glad, you righteous; sing, all you who are upright in heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment