Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Eager Anticipation

Today I am taking strength and encouragement from stories in the Bible that are full of anticipation. In particular, I am thinking of Noah. He built an ark and then it rained for 40 days and 40 nights, flooding the Earth. But Noah believed and had faith that there was light at the end of that tunnel. He believed that, one day, the sun would shine again, the land would dry up, and life would go on.

As I prepare for my Master's thesis defense, I know that there is light at the end of this long tunnel that I have been walking through. I can see it; I know that it is right around the corner. I am making diligent preparations, eagerly waiting for that day when I can say that this difficult journey is behind me and a new journey is beginning. I will start life anew, and I am so excited. I am praising God for bringing me through, and leading me to new adventures.

What are you eagerly anticipating?

Today's Verses
Ephesians 3: 20-21
No to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment