Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Intangible Things

The dictionary defines wisdom as "knowledge of what is true or right coupled with just judgement as to action." James defines godly wisdom as pure, peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere (James 3:17). As I enter a period of transition, I find myself unsure of how wise I am being and whether I have done a good job of cultivating wisdom.

One of the great things about God is that He willingly gives us wisdom when we ask. Matthew 7:7 says, 'Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.' I often think of this verse in reference to tangible things that I need. Asking for the Lord to move in situations and relationships or asking him to provide for my physical needs comes easily. However, the Lord also promises to grant wisdom, hope, peace, and faith when we seek Him.

In times of uncertainty, it is important for me to remember that while my immediate physical needs might seem important, what I often truly need are hope and peace and wisdom. It can be easier to ask for tangible things, but what I need to do is trust God to meet my more intangible needs.

Are you trusting God to meet your intangible needs?

Today's Verses
James 1:5-6
But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach; and it will be given to him. But let him ask in faith, without any doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, driven by the wind and tossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment